Friday, January 6, 2012

Bridesmaids Accessories

Hello All!!!

Sorry for the hiatus! The holidays were pretty crazy and I didn't have time to write or have anything to write about!

For starters, I have accomplished precisely 0% of my "winter break projects" list. I feel like break just flew by. Now, it's back to school on Monday and I don't feel like I got to relax one bit.

However, there is good news on the Wedding Front! I have been on the hunt for bridesmaid jewelry since we picked out the dresses. I had originally wanted peace sign jewelry (those of you that had to sit through my "wedding slide show" already knew that). But since I decided on the whole Rock-n-Roll-Fairy-Tale-Princess theme (aka "Carly" theme), I think butterfly jewelry is obviously the right way to go. =]

Well, I have been on the search locally for butterfly jewelry, but to no avail. On Facebook I follow a page called Junkin4Jewels. <--- click here to go to Lisa's website! Also you can follow her on Facebook at the same name, Junkin4Jewels. Everyday she posts new jewelry, boots, tshirts, and accessories on there and it is literally some of the cutest stuff I have ever seen in my life. So I emailed Lisa last night at approx 3am, since I am a total night owl, asking for her assistance in my quest for bridesmaids jewelry. She emailed me back a few thing she found today and they are both super cute!

Here is what she sent me:

I am obssessed with this first one! I think it would add a lot of fun to the bridesmaid dresses!



I really like this one a lot too!

How will I ever decide? Plus, she will be sending me more butterfly baubles in the future. I'm sure I will manage! However, I would just like to let Lisa know that I really appreciate her taking time out of her day to help me with this task. I am truly grateful!

In case you forgot here is a picture of the ring I already bought the girls!


And in case you forgot what the dresses look like, here they are again!


Secondly, since we tried making those egg carton lanterns and they were a total bust, I have found a different and much simpler possibility for lighting at my wedding. I am going to have strings of lights throughout the tent, but I want to have a light or two over the individual tables so people can see while they are eating and such. You guys are not going to believe my solution: SPOONS! Yes, that's right, spoons! Check it out!



They look like flower blossoms! I think instead of letting the handle part show, we could wrap them in ribbon or something! I think we could jerry-rig these up pretty cheaply as well with some Dollar Tree spoons! =]

Now, I just have to find an affordable pendant lighting kit! I found one on Amazon for around $14, but that is a little more than I wanted to spend per light.




Thirdly, I wasn't for sure what I wanted Sawyer, my precious little flower girl to wear. She is going to be just a little over a year old, so I don't think a traditional flower girl dress will work. Plus, my new idea is wayyyyy cuter! What do you guys think?


I would want her to have either a black or purple onesie on too! I wouldn't want her to get cold. It will be October after all!

I just think she would look so precious with fairy wings, and it fits the whole theme of my wedding so perfectly. Here is an adorable picture of my FFG (future flower girl) =]


And just because I love him so much, my FRB (future ring bearer)! <3

Am I a proud aunt or what?

Lastly, this coming monday I am signing my photographer contract with Jenny Stewart Photography <--- click here to check out her website! Or you can follow her on facebook at the same name! She is the one that took the awesome photos of my "niece" and "nephew" above. Her photos are really amazing so if you get a chance, check out her work. I am so excited to have her as a photographer because I know my pictures will be absolutely amazing!

It is so nice to have so many things set it stone and checked off my to-do list! I am going to the bridal expo at Thelma Keller in Effingham on Sunday with Chelsey, Sydney, Joey, and my mom. I am hoping to find some vendors for stuff there. I still need a wedding cake, caterer, tuxes, and a DJ. So I am hoping to get some of those booked after the expo. =]

Well, I think that is all for now! I hope you guys all had a wonderful holiday season!

<3 The Future Mrs. Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment